Board index Iowa Fast Track RC Rules IFTRC event rules

IFTRC event rules

Club ByLaws, Track Rules, and Class Rules

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Well put...jason well put.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am

not trying to disagree with you... but... nitro truly in itself is a whole different breed.. different class than what electric is... I see your point when it comes to turning people away and us being an easy group to come into... but.. there are tracks way more successful than ours with a more professional crowd that do not integrate nitro and electric... most of the time its a disadvantage power wise and response wise to the nitro guy against an electric motor.. I understand you buy your toys to race them... so do the rest of us.. but its not really a lie by Shiloh saying we really aren't a nitro friendly track... our pit is the straight away.. nitro really needs a pit lane to be the most effective... its something that needs addressed at the track rebuild.. I bring a mini.. there really isn't a spot on the charts for that car... I bring it when I know there will be other mini's to run with.. if not I leave it at home and concentrate on other classes... I don't think any vehicles should be banned but special arrangements I don't think should be made... that's why we are having this discussion to see what benefits everybody as a whole not just single people[/quote]
Now weather its a whole different breed I don't really agree. When Dusty gets his nitro dialed in he is just as fast as the next guy. People keep saying we need an extra lane or whatever, we only run 6 mins so why the extra lane? You could bring your mini and run it in the open class. If that was all you had we wouldn't just say sorry cant race. Not bringing your mini is your choice and if you did we would find a race for you. I feel we should remain like that, but that's just my opinion. Putting 8th scale nitros in with electric isn't really making special arrangements. Its finding a race for a guy who brought a nitro buggy and just dealing with a little noise and smell. I really don't like the noise or smell either I just don't think we should make a mountain out of a mole hill and just deal with nitros as they come. Not to mention you do know that the person that lets us use his land has an 8th scale gas buggy, are we going to tell Justin if he ever gets it running that he cant race? We have to keep the same rules for everyone.[/quote]

ok so say I bring my mini... and I wanna run it in the truggy class... are we supposed to allow that to happen then? im not getting gripey with ya Jason... just trying to make a valid point because your points are just as good as mine are just not in the same median of agreement... but you make it sound like im trying to ban nitro 1/8 scale buggies... that's not true.. I just think It would be more professional. not to integrate classes.. by you saying if I bring my mini and there isn't a class for it to just run it in open.. then why cant we just put nitro buggies in an open class and if you wanna run your 1/8 scale elec against a 1/8 scale nitro you can opt to run in open?? im just thinkin of ways to have some sort of sense of direction when it comes to organizing racing... because really the open class is supposed to be the run what ya brung outlaws... in a sense... and doesn't matter what you have.. that's where you mix your classes in my opinion is in the "open class"
FASTEST GUY ON RACE DAY... JUST ASK ME

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:55 am

I think turning down nitro cars would be unwise i think we should still mix them in with us like we have been doing and if we have enogh we can put them in there own class and i dont smoke and never will but i think the smoking rule should be left up to Justin not us
My Cars
Associated RC10GT2
Associated SC10GT-E
My Radio
Spektrum DX3.0

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:10 pm

I think turning down nitro cars would be unwise i think we should still mix them in with the elecric's like we have been doing and if we have enogh we can put them in there own class and i dont smoke and never will but i think the smoking rule should be left up to Justin not us but if we could find a smoking only area or make it so you could only do it in your vehicle would be a good idea idk I like to race at fast track because its just an overall great group of guys and that's not easy to find these days and being open to every one and every body and trying to fit In what ever they have into a class as best as we can is a good thing because that defenetly helped me when I started out and then it was all nitro guys and they let me run an electric with them...
My Cars
Associated RC10GT2
Associated SC10GT-E
My Radio
Spektrum DX3.0

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:06 pm

BUBBLESNSTUFF wrote:
not trying to disagree with you... but... nitro truly in itself is a whole different breed.. different class than what electric is... I see your point when it comes to turning people away and us being an easy group to come into... but.. there are tracks way more successful than ours with a more professional crowd that do not integrate nitro and electric... most of the time its a disadvantage power wise and response wise to the nitro guy against an electric motor.. I understand you buy your toys to race them... so do the rest of us.. but its not really a lie by Shiloh saying we really aren't a nitro friendly track... our pit is the straight away.. nitro really needs a pit lane to be the most effective... its something that needs addressed at the track rebuild.. I bring a mini.. there really isn't a spot on the charts for that car... I bring it when I know there will be other mini's to run with.. if not I leave it at home and concentrate on other classes... I don't think any vehicles should be banned but special arrangements I don't think should be made... that's why we are having this discussion to see what benefits everybody as a whole not just single people

Now weather its a whole different breed I don't really agree. When Dusty gets his nitro dialed in he is just as fast as the next guy. People keep saying we need an extra lane or whatever, we only run 6 mins so why the extra lane? You could bring your mini and run it in the open class. If that was all you had we wouldn't just say sorry cant race. Not bringing your mini is your choice and if you did we would find a race for you. I feel we should remain like that, but that's just my opinion. Putting 8th scale nitros in with electric isn't really making special arrangements. Its finding a race for a guy who brought a nitro buggy and just dealing with a little noise and smell. I really don't like the noise or smell either I just don't think we should make a mountain out of a mole hill and just deal with nitros as they come. Not to mention you do know that the person that lets us use his land has an 8th scale gas buggy, are we going to tell Justin if he ever gets it running that he cant race? We have to keep the same rules for everyone.[/quote]

ok so say I bring my mini... and I wanna run it in the truggy class... are we supposed to allow that to happen then? im not getting gripey with ya Jason... just trying to make a valid point because your points are just as good as mine are just not in the same median of agreement... but you make it sound like im trying to ban nitro 1/8 scale buggies... that's not true.. I just think It would be more professional. not to integrate classes.. by you saying if I bring my mini and there isn't a class for it to just run it in open.. then why cant we just put nitro buggies in an open class and if you wanna run your 1/8 scale elec against a 1/8 scale nitro you can opt to run in open?? im just thinkin of ways to have some sort of sense of direction when it comes to organizing racing... because really the open class is supposed to be the run what ya brung outlaws... in a sense... and doesn't matter what you have.. that's where you mix your classes in my opinion is in the "open class"[/quote]
I feel like your mixing apples and oranges, nitro and electric buggies are the same in every way except power. That is nothing like running a mini with the truggies like you suggested.(not that you were being serious)I'm saying not to make an issue out of nothing, leave it like it is and cross the bridge when we get to it. There are much more important things to discuss than the topics we are picking. Lets concentrate on the laws get that into the works and go from there. We don't have to tackle every little issue right now, or even this year. To answer your question about 8th scales in the open, I think we are not looking at this the same way. If a nitro has someone behind the wheel, what's the problem letting that car run with the class he or she is the most competitive with? Since after all it's the same chassis.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm
admin Site Admin

If the nitro buggy is annoying electric buggy drivers to the point where some of the electric buggy drivers quit the class, then absolutely nothing useful was gained by allowing the nitro buggy in the electric buggy class.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 pm

your right same chassis same servo same wheels same tires same everything.. except power plant... and unless its tuned right... it inarguably will not run with the electrics... am I wrong? its hard to debate on here without sounding like complete d*** to eachother... we do have bigger issues to worry about than classes... but its still falls into the same discussion as following some sort of a guideline... which is what we are trying to accomplish to maximize time management... I think the main issues are that we need to be able to handle a large group of drivers... and if we can't efficiently manage the 20 that show up how are we gonna manage the day if 40 show up by chance... and if 40 do show up by chance and we have our heads up our rumps then those extra drivers or first timers aren't goin to come back... and then your back to no club growth... theres all sorts of different ways to change things and people think they are losing racing time but aren't they are just getting done earlier in the day...

I have heard complaints about placement of the impound table and stuff cuz it blocks the walk way... we can always put the sheets and transponders on a table behind the computer where most people gather... theres so many things that can be changed... and its not making anything any different than it was before just seems different...

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 pm

admin wrote:
If the nitro buggy is annoying electric buggy drivers to the point where some of the electric buggy drivers quit the class, then absolutely nothing useful was gained by allowing the nitro buggy in the electric buggy class.

right... which is why at ANY regional, national, even local tracks keep them separated for a reason... its another class...

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:04 pm

slick4time wrote:
I think turning down nitro cars would be unwise i think we should still mix them in with us like we have been doing and if we have enogh we can put them in there own class and i dont smoke and never will but i think the smoking rule should be left up to Justin not us

WE STARTED HIS FREGGIN BEAN FIELD ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU REALLY KHONESTLY THINK HE IS GOING TO BE OK WITH THIS.
And because of the fire how much monwy do you think he lost and did we even offer to reinburse him any of that. I cant say because i wasnt there im the new guy but if yall pissed in my weaties and cost me money and didnt bother replacing my wheaties id be furious and then some.

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:30 am
kael

"If the nitro buggy is annoying electric buggy drivers to the point where some of the electric buggy drivers quit the class, then absolutely nothing useful was gained by allowing the nitro buggy in the electric buggy class."

Flip the page back a bit.

If the electric buggy is annoying nitro buggy drivers to the point where some of the nitro buggy drivers quit the class, then absolutely nothing useful was gained by allowing the electric buggy in the nitro buggy class. Doesn't sound good, nope.

Be generic when talking classes and remember the past. Would 1/8th electric have caught on if they were not allowed to race with nitro in the past?

I'll have to go have a talk with some guy's former Revo, see if its feelings are hurt. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Rules