Board index Iowa Fast Track RC Rules IFTRC event rules

IFTRC event rules

Club ByLaws, Track Rules, and Class Rules

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 pm
admin Site Admin

irishracing31 wrote:
My opinion is we should keep the nitro class. Notice I said class. If there enough to make a class, run them. If there are not 3+ vehicles, they don't run. They should not be treated any differently then any other vehicle type. But they have to follow all the other rules. The timer will not be stopped for them to figure out how to adjust their carbs to keep the car running or not over heating.

I fully support this idea. Give them their own class and run the class if enough people show up with a nitro. I just do not want the nitro vehicles in the electric classes anymore. Like Robby (Bubbles) said, part of racing is being able to hear your own vehicle. If there was even one nitro running in the 8th scale buggy class last summer, that was the only thing we could hear. There was no chance to hear our own vehicles or the announcer.

If we continue to allow nitro vehicles, they need to be in their own class instead of mixed into the electric classes. We also need to set up a tuning area on the opposite side of the barn for nitro guys, and we need to ban driving around on the grass near the parking, pits and announcer. We also need to ban driving vehicles in the barn.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:52 pm

irishracing31 wrote:
My opinion is we should keep the nitro class. Notice I said class. If there enough to make a class, run them. If there are not 3+ vehicles, they don't run. They should not be treated any differently then any other vehicle type. But they have to follow all the other rules. The timer will not be stopped for them to figure out how to adjust their carbs to keep the car running or not over heating.

Don't think we should turn anybody away. If someone shows up with nitro and he is the only one he should sit? That's what made us so easy to be apart of, now we are trying to change all these rules because some don't like certain things about nitro or what ever else bothers an individual.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Seems like all the talk is about making money. When did that become our main objective? Growing the sport used to be what we were about.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:04 pm

ORTIZ wrote:
irishracing31 wrote:

Don't think we should turn anybody away. If someone shows up with nitro and he is the only one he should sit? That's what made us so easy to be apart of, now we are trying to change all these rules because some don't like certain things about nitro or what ever else bothers an individual.

not trying to disagree with you... but... nitro truly in itself is a whole different breed.. different class than what electric is... I see your point when it comes to turning people away and us being an easy group to come into... but.. there are tracks way more successful than ours with a more professional crowd that do not integrate nitro and electric... most of the time its a disadvantage power wise and response wise to the nitro guy against an electric motor.. I understand you buy your toys to race them... so do the rest of us.. but its not really a lie by Shiloh saying we really aren't a nitro friendly track... our pit is the straight away.. nitro really needs a pit lane to be the most effective... its something that needs addressed at the track rebuild.. I bring a mini.. there really isn't a spot on the charts for that car... I bring it when I know there will be other mini's to run with.. if not I leave it at home and concentrate on other classes... I don't think any vehicles should be banned but special arrangements I don't think should be made... that's why we are having this discussion to see what benefits everybody as a whole not just single people
FASTEST GUY ON RACE DAY... JUST ASK ME

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:10 pm

I agree we shouldnt turn away new drivers because all they have to run is a nitro car. What if we put folks like that into the novice classand have a mix of electric and nitro there?(just a thought).

Ortiz the only reason i keep suggesting the increased fees is to recoup some of the loss for the awning canopy eye sore whatever u wanna call it. Flat out and simple the club needs to purchase its own timing equipment.....if travis decided today to move in with the couger in texas we would be up a shit creek. Im not all about generating as much income as possible were a club not a business but we need some finances to operate "NPO" or not.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 pm
admin Site Admin

There are several ideas for how to handle the few nitro vehicles that show up:
1) Mix nitro and electric like we did last year.
2) Officially announce that we are an electric only club.
3) Split the nitro vehicles into their own class and only run it if there are enough entries.

I am in favor of options #2 or #3. If we do the same thing we did last year, then I am going to sell off my 8th scale. When we ran nitro and electric together, all of could hear was that extremely loud nitro vehicle. It killed the enjoyment for me, so I am not personally interested in allowing nitro 8th scales with the electric 8th scales.

If seven guys show up with electric 8th scales and one guy shows up with a nitro, I understand that some guys think we should toss that nitro in with the electric to let the nitro guy run. What I am saying is that I don't think it is fair for that nitro guy to ruin the class, and I honestly feel that is what was happening last year.

If we do decide to run nitro 8th scale and electric 8th scale together, then I am not going to enter my electric 8th scale into that class. I am the only person in the 8th scale buggy class that feels that way? If I am, then just let me know and I will get my electric 8th scale buggy sold.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:27 pm

I understand whay your saying shilo and i dont disagree with you. I think what we are trying to say is that little timmy whos 10 and his dad who bought him an ofna ultra comp nitro car who didnt know any better off craigslist comes to the race and wants to run the nirto car are we going to tell little timmy he cant run.

On the other hand if you race 1/8 scale nitro buggy and know what your doing you have been to a race or 1000 and know the rules of damn near every race track there is. 3 or more cars make a class.....if they are bringing their nitro knowing there isnt going to be enough to run the car then i say thats their problem not ours.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:10 pm

admin wrote:
There are several ideas for how to handle the few nitro vehicles that show up:
1) Mix nitro and electric like we did last year.
2) Officially announce that we are an electric only club.
3) Split the nitro vehicles into their own class and only run it if there are enough entries.

I am in favor of options #2 or #3. If we do the same thing we did last year, then I am going to sell off my 8th scale. When we ran nitro and electric together, all of could hear was that extremely loud nitro vehicle. It killed the enjoyment for me, so I am not personally interested in allowing nitro 8th scales with the electric 8th scales.

If seven guys show up with electric 8th scales and one guy shows up with a nitro, I understand that some guys think we should toss that nitro in with the electric to let the nitro guy run. What I am saying is that I don't think it is fair for that nitro guy to ruin the class, and I honestly feel that is what was happening last year.

If we do decide to run nitro 8th scale and electric 8th scale together, then I am not going to enter my electric 8th scale into that class. I am the only person in the 8th scale buggy class that feels that way? If I am, then just let me know and I will get my electric 8th scale buggy sold.

I'm saying we need to be open to new drivers that come to our track not just little kids. Announcing we are just electric only I think would be discouraging to solid drivers out there that are looking for a place to race. The guy from hot bodies that was there last year or the year before was good and I don't want to say no you cant come because you have a nitro. Now I am not saying advertise and try and get as many nitro cars as we can, but we should just be open and cross the bridge when we get to it.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:26 pm

BUBBLESNSTUFF wrote:
ORTIZ wrote:
irishracing31 wrote:

not trying to disagree with you... but... nitro truly in itself is a whole different breed.. different class than what electric is... I see your point when it comes to turning people away and us being an easy group to come into... but.. there are tracks way more successful than ours with a more professional crowd that do not integrate nitro and electric... most of the time its a disadvantage power wise and response wise to the nitro guy against an electric motor.. I understand you buy your toys to race them... so do the rest of us.. but its not really a lie by Shiloh saying we really aren't a nitro friendly track... our pit is the straight away.. nitro really needs a pit lane to be the most effective... its something that needs addressed at the track rebuild.. I bring a mini.. there really isn't a spot on the charts for that car... I bring it when I know there will be other mini's to run with.. if not I leave it at home and concentrate on other classes... I don't think any vehicles should be banned but special arrangements I don't think should be made... that's why we are having this discussion to see what benefits everybody as a whole not just single people

Now weather its a whole different breed I don't really agree. When Dusty gets his nitro dialed in he is just as fast as the next guy. People keep saying we need an extra lane or whatever, we only run 6 mins so why the extra lane? You could bring your mini and run it in the open class. If that was all you had we wouldn't just say sorry cant race. Not bringing your mini is your choice and if you did we would find a race for you. I feel we should remain like that, but that's just my opinion. Putting 8th scale nitros in with electric isn't really making special arrangements. Its finding a race for a guy who brought a nitro buggy and just dealing with a little noise and smell. I really don't like the noise or smell either I just don't think we should make a mountain out of a mole hill and just deal with nitros as they come. Not to mention you do know that the person that lets us use his land has an 8th scale gas buggy, are we going to tell Justin if he ever gets it running that he cant race? We have to keep the same rules for everyone.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Big Joe wrote:
I agree we shouldnt turn away new drivers because all they have to run is a nitro car. What if we put folks like that into the novice classand have a mix of electric and nitro there?(just a thought).

Ortiz the only reason i keep suggesting the increased fees is to recoup some of the loss for the awning canopy eye sore whatever u wanna call it. Flat out and simple the club needs to purchase its own timing equipment.....if travis decided today to move in with the couger in texas we would be up a shit creek. Im not all about generating as much income as possible were a club not a business but we need some finances to operate "NPO" or not.

Don't have a problem if the club tries to make money just don't want it to be on the backs of the guys who want to race more classes than people think they should. Having more cars to run makes classes bigger and more competitive, and I don't see a problem with that. As long as your doing your race duties there should be no gripe. We generated quite a bit of money just like we were, the laws we are voting on are going to make sure the money we have gets used more efficiently.

PreviousNext

Return to Rules