Board index Iowa Fast Track RC Rules UF1 Rules

UF1 Rules

Club ByLaws, Track Rules, and Class Rules

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:54 pm

It may be standard for rc racing but none of the real racing series has a one point differential for first to second place.
Even goofy points NASCAR doesn't have a one point differential.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:31 am

irishracing31 wrote:
It may be standard for rc racing but none of the real racing series has a one point differential for first to second place.
Even goofy points NASCAR doesn't have a one point differential.

Last I knew this IS RC racing not NASCAR or any other sanctioning body. And truthfully, NASCAR is 1 point differential per position, they just give bonus points for winning the race.

Also why deviate from the national rules. Last year, you were belly aching about changing the FDR in VTA because it wasn't part of the national rules (when actually it is as they say a track is okay to set an FDR limit) but now you want to change part of the F1 Rules?
Losi XXX-SCT/B, TLR 22sct, AE B5M,AE T5M/SC5M, Tekno SCT410, Mugen MBX6e

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:47 am

Pat - Why are you always so confrontational? Wouldn't it be easier to ask a question and get clarification?

Now to answer your "questions".

The main intent of posting and using this set of rules was for the car specs. All other rules could be deemed as optional by the club.

Race length - From my understanding the timing software will not let us have different times for different classes. So with that in mind UF1 will have the same length heats (5min) and mains(A - 8min, B - 5min) as every other class.

Points and any other rules - Can be voted on by the club and made optional or we just don't use those particular rules.

If we had a permanent track we could easily run a UF1 league one week night and have VTA and USGT on other nights as well. But until we do there are some concessions to the rules that just don't work in the racing environment we have now.
- Cyclone TC VTA - TCX 17.5 USGT - SC104x4FT - SC104x4 LM Oval - SCX10 Jeep JK scaler - Bully Viper 2.2 Comp crawler -

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 pm

How is stating my opinion confrontational?
You posted stuff and I gave you my opinion.
I gave my opinion in an attempt to get ideas flowing to hopefully come to the best solution/situation.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Last I knew this IS RC racing not NASCAR or any other sanctioning body. And truthfully, NASCAR is 1 point differential per position, they just give bonus points for winning the race.

NASCAR has a one point differential for 2 place and down, they have a 4 point difference from 1st to 2nd.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:52 pm

irishracing31 wrote:

NASCAR has a one point differential for 2 place and down, they have a 4 point difference from 1st to 2nd.

The new structure awards points in one-point increments. As an example, race winners earn 43 points, plus three bonus points for the win. Drivers also can earn an extra point for leading a lap and leading the most laps, bringing the race-winning total to a possible maximum of 48 points.

Therefore what I said was correct. NASCAR uses a 1 point differential per position, THEY JUST GIVE BONUS POINTS FOR WINNING THE RACE
Losi XXX-SCT/B, TLR 22sct, AE B5M,AE T5M/SC5M, Tekno SCT410, Mugen MBX6e

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:56 pm

irishracing31 wrote:
How is stating my opinion confrontational?
You posted stuff and I gave you my opinion.
I gave my opinion in an attempt to get ideas flowing to hopefully come to the best solution/situation.

Sorry, I must have read that stuff wrong or misinterpreted it in my head.

Eric/Pat - Who cares what points system we use. As long as the scoring is the same for every event/class what difference does it make.

How about the person that scores the LEAST number of points
A-Main
1st = 0pt
2nd = 1pts
3rd = 2pts
4th = 3pts
Up to 5 points

B-Main
1st - Bumps to A-Main or 6pts if no bump
2nd - 7pts
3rd - 8pts
4th - 9pts
5th through ??? - 10pts

Tq = 0pts and non-TQ = 1pt
- Cyclone TC VTA - TCX 17.5 USGT - SC104x4FT - SC104x4 LM Oval - SCX10 Jeep JK scaler - Bully Viper 2.2 Comp crawler -

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:42 pm
admin Site Admin

I realize a lot of the UF1 Rules post is copied directly from the UF1 national rules. The chassis, electronics, tires rules are fine. All of the stuff regarding points, special qualifying instructions, and special race lengths should be removed, though. We need to run the qualifiers and mains for the F1 class similar to how we run other classes. I would suggest 5 minute qualifiers, 8 minute A mains, and 5 minute B mains. Or do 6 minute quals and 6 minute mains. Stuff like the "Minimum Speed Rule" would be a pain to enforce fairly, so that rule should also be removed. "Pit Stops" is another rule that won't work well at the club level, and needs to be removed.

Basically, I would suggest using national UF1 rules for the vehicle but then run the local F1 races like any other normal class. That will be the easiest for the person operating the computer.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

well said sir Admin
Tamiya F-104 - F1R Exotek - TEAM RED BULL
Tamiya TA06 Pro USGT PINK MONSTER
SC10b4 - Max upgrades + Tons of tires and spare parts FOR SALE
Team Durango DEX408 + Orion Vortex Pro system FOR SALE

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Yea... I would say scratch the points system and just run normal races... We don't really have that many for this class yet anyways to make it a big deal... Maybe once or if we get to the point where we have a B main start talkin bout that...
FASTEST GUY ON RACE DAY... JUST ASK ME

PreviousNext

Return to Rules