Board index Iowa Fast Track RC Rules USGT Rules

USGT Rules

Club ByLaws, Track Rules, and Class Rules

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:10 pm

USGT Class Rules and Specifications

Chassis Specification:

Any 1/10 4wd or Fwd sedan with 4 wheel independent suspension.

Weight Specification:
4wd 1450g weight Fwd 1200g weight

Body Specifications:

Any 190mm or 200mm body. Body can be any body that is NOT on the ROAR T2 body list. FWD encouraged to use FWD bodies However, Can AM or IMSA style bodies, similar to 1/12 or 1/8 bodies are also discouraged NO Trucks
Any "SCALE" molded wings can be used. Lexan wings 10mm maximum height / side dam height
Scale type race liveries encouraged

Tire & Wheel Specifications:

Tires-Any treaded (non slick) non belted or belted rubber tire available 24 or 26mm. Must used a nonmolded (ex. open cell foam) insert or no insert. Grinding of tire tread is NOT permitted. Sanding of mold seam to remove seam is allowed
Wheels- Any 24 or 26mm spoke (non-dish) type wheel

While the above is the ideal for this class, a track, event, or series may approve a premounted tire, slick tires being acceptable. A spoked wheel is encouraged if possible for premounted tires

Ride Height Specification:

Minimum ride height is 5mm.

Motor Specifications:
21.5 + 2s lipo batteries No tuning rotors, must use OEM rotor 12.3-12.5mm

Approved ESCs:
ESC ROAR approved spec software or USVTA list

Race Specification:
6 minute qualifiers
8 minute mains

Battery Specifications:

ROAR approved hard case batteries
- Cyclone TC VTA - TCX 17.5 USGT - SC104x4FT - SC104x4 LM Oval - SCX10 Jeep JK scaler - Bully Viper 2.2 Comp crawler -

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:12 pm

There is talk on the USGT discussion on RCTech of USGT going to ROAR approved 21.5 motors for the 2013 season.
- Cyclone TC VTA - TCX 17.5 USGT - SC104x4FT - SC104x4 LM Oval - SCX10 Jeep JK scaler - Bully Viper 2.2 Comp crawler -

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:59 am

Just read that they are going to a spec tire in USGT. Rules on USGT website are not updated yet. This was read on RCTech from posts by RobK and KevinK (the two guys that set the rules). The Ride 24025 will be the spec tire starting January 1st 2014. I think most clubs will run current rules through the end of the season and start the new tire rule next season. Just wanted to get it out there for discussion.
Losi XXX-SCT/B, TLR 22sct, AE B5M,AE T5M/SC5M, Tekno SCT410, Mugen MBX6e

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 am

Those are the tires that I picked up last year from Brian's recommendation. Way cheaper and they held up really good too. Now that there is a US supplier to buy them from they will be easier to get.

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:13 pm
admin Site Admin

I think the spec tires will be great for the USGT class, because it means there is no more guess work regarding which tires to buy. I ran the Ride 24025 tires last year and really liked them. They are cheap and hook up good, and the stock Ride inserts are vastly better than the HPI inserts. The Ride 24025 tire is an excellent choice for a USGT tire. We can vote at the track about when we want to enforce the new spec tire rule. We can either begin implementing the spec tire rule on Jan 1, 2014 or next season (Oct 2014).

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:29 pm
admin Site Admin

Also, I update the "Getting Started in USGT" article on our site to reflect the spec tire rule change.
http://www.iowafasttrackrc.com/2013/09/ ... d-in-usgt/

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:43 am

i personally think a spec tire is a good idea, but maybe not this year since Shiloh wrote the "getting started in usgt"; I think all our classes should fall under national rules In my opinion so there isn't any confusion when you want to go race some place, but with these changes coming I think we should stick to last years rules since people have already bought all their tires and stuff of that sort, granted anybody who is gonna race someplace other than their home track prolly has a variety of tires and gears and things I think for the guys who are new and wanted to do usgt went out an bought the x pattern tires because they were the recommended tire for the class; so it would be a burden for everybody to try and get tires ordered up when they have already spent money on our "spec" or preferred tire
FASTEST GUY ON RACE DAY... JUST ASK ME

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Where does one by these said spec ride tire from anyways

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Where does one by these said spec ride tire from anyways

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Crap

Next

Return to Rules