Board index Iowa Fast Track RC Rules Club ByLaws Discussion

Club ByLaws Discussion

Club ByLaws, Track Rules, and Class Rules

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:10 pm

I understand your anger perfectly and it's your God given right to be pissed off at what ever you wish but you missed my point.

The awning is apart of the track now, you can't call it a joke without calling everything a joke. How do you think this makes Justin feel? He does not deserve that kind of treatment. People need to choose their words more carefully, that was the point. Allow me to illustrate another way...
Let's pretend that awning is the wedding ring on your finger and someone just called it a joke. Everything that ring represents just got called a joke. How would that make you feel?
People also need to stick to the cold hard facts and if they don't know them they need to ask.

Yes, the awning is permanently attached to the barn, that's the point. It's always there, always ready, and will withstand the elements so we don't have to worry about it. The other thing we talked about would have been permanently attached too. You have no way of knowing if a different location would have an existing structure to attach a "removable" awning to.

If the awning is a complete waste then I expect you will be standing out in the sun when the heat index 110 F. I know where I will be.

What's done is done. It was one instance (and also the first high dollar item sense the creation of this club) and obviously wont happen again because there will be lots of wonderful rules in place, so move on.

You want rules and laws to govern the politics of the club, to make sure we are ready for more people, and to save money for important items. That's all well and good. I believe the awning is an important item, many big successful tracks have them. A timing system is important, the club is welcome to buy my equipment but I will never demand that it does, there's no rush, I'm cool with that. Growing the club is important, the rules and laws will deal with that along with more insurance. If 60 drivers becomes a reality I think we will have no choice and have to run power lines out to the barn(s) which would be a high dollar item, but owned by Justin.

I can see the possible future you envision just fine. Just don't destroy what we have now by careless comments and anger fixated around one thing.
MARSHALL!!! Catch the smoke, QUICK!!!

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:32 am
admin Site Admin

Well said, Travis.

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:15 pm
monk

let's see how many of true rc fans show up at the track saturday morning to build this vison that's in there minds. good job travis!

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:30 am

Im a true rc.er but i have to work on saturday and dont appreciate getting called out.I would be there in a heartbeat however unless yiu are offering to pay my bills for me. I think ill go to work thankx

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:17 pm
admin Site Admin

I have edited the ByLaws post to make it easier to read and discuss. I added numbers and letters to create sections and subsections. Here is a direct link to Pat's post that includes my latest edits:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1633#p4830

NOTE TO EVERYBODY:
At this point, we should be able to discuss the proposed Club ByLaws by referring to the section and subsection. Please read the ByLaws and post your opinions about the proposed ByLaws. If there are specific changes you would like to see, please include the number and letter. For example, 1.c or 2.d. By including the section and subsection in your comments, it will be easier to discuss. If you want to add texts, recommend which section the new text would be added to.

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Section B subsection 3 i feel that there needs to be a seceratary position for this who is reponsilbe for the minutes and documentation things
Also on the voting section... what is someone makes a motion for something and another seconds that motion after a discussion and there must be a time for discussion because not everyone will agree there needs to be a vote on said motion.

For instance "I so move that i be allowed to kick ass at 80/35 spring classic this comming weekend". Im sure robby would second said motion nkw we have to discuss weather this a good idea or not and then vote.

I vote YES!!!

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Also section 9 a2 and b3
A2 we need to define in writing what constitutes "unsportsman like conduct". Reason being is that i can already see a problem withsomeong saying they didnt know their behavior wasnt sportsman like.... just will avoid hassle and argument later.
B3 this particular vote should be a written vote not a show of hands...... more professional this way and avoids grudges and finger pointing.

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:49 pm

Are we ever going to do something about this or just talk about it a go nowhere with it. Call another club meeting ( not on a race day) so we can vote on this.

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Word.

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:57 pm

I think it would be a good idea to have a time limit on anything that is voted on and approved. If something is approved then a timer should begin at that time, 60 days. If the project is not finished within the time limit then it should have to be voted on again. The only exception might be a major construction project, probably weather dependent, that begins but runs past the due date. This law would probably fit in section 6.

When would you like to have the next meeting?
MARSHALL!!! Catch the smoke, QUICK!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Rules