Board index Iowa Fast Track RC Rules Club ByLaws Discussion

Club ByLaws Discussion

Club ByLaws, Track Rules, and Class Rules

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:55 am

Edited the by-laws posted by Pat to improve the format.
- Cyclone TC VTA - TCX 17.5 USGT - SC104x4FT - SC104x4 LM Oval - SCX10 Jeep JK scaler - Bully Viper 2.2 Comp crawler -

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:52 am
admin Site Admin

The membership dues section of the ByLaws should have a number or letter, so it is easy to reference.

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:57 am

I also think we should have club dues... pay yearly and by being a club member its giving you the priveledge to vote.. if you don't wanna pay then you cant complain bout things
FASTEST GUY ON RACE DAY... JUST ASK ME

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 am
admin Site Admin

Yeah, the proposed ByLaws already has the following text, which is excellent. It just needs a letter, number, or heading to make the section easy to find:

Membership in IFTRC shall be obtained by paying a yearly membership fee of $5.00. Membership earns the member the right to vote on club issues. Membership is not required to participate in any event other then voting on club matters. Yearly dues will be due in December and membership will run from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. If a member joins after Jan. 1st, the fees will not be pro-rated and their membership will be valid until the following Dec. 31st.

A heading as simple as "Membership Dues" would probably do the trick.

Also, we might want to add text clarifying that the membership dues do not change the cost to race. Some tracks have higher cost dues that also decrease the weekly race fees. Our proposed $5/year fee only gives the member voting rights in the club. The dues would change the cost to race or anything like that.

Maybe it could be changed to the following:
---
Membership Dues
Membership in IFTRC shall be obtained by paying a yearly membership fee of $5.00. Paid membership earns the member the right to vote on club issues. Membership is not required to participate in any club racing or practice events. Paid membership does not affect the cost to race. Yearly dues will be due in December and membership will run from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. If a member joins after Jan. 1st, the fees will not be pro-rated and their membership will be valid until the following Dec. 31st.

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Agreed

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:33 pm

iadevil wrote:
Why do we even need bylaws? This club has ran great for 4+ years now without any. Why the sudden urgency to draft bylaws which seem to be splitting the club up rather than pull it together?

We need bylaws so we don't have a $2000+ joke hanging off the side of a barn masquerading as an awning.
Also, in my opinion, if the club was running great for 4+ years, we would have more than 10 drivers showing up for a race.

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:32 pm

admin wrote:
Yeah, the proposed ByLaws already has the following text, which is excellent. It just needs a letter, number, or heading to make the section easy to find:

Membership in IFTRC shall be obtained by paying a yearly membership fee of $5.00. Membership earns the member the right to vote on club issues. Membership is not required to participate in any event other then voting on club matters. Yearly dues will be due in December and membership will run from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. If a member joins after Jan. 1st, the fees will not be pro-rated and their membership will be valid until the following Dec. 31st.

A heading as simple as "Membership Dues" would probably do the trick.

Also, we might want to add text clarifying that the membership dues do not change the cost to race. Some tracks have higher cost dues that also decrease the weekly race fees. Our proposed $5/year fee only gives the member voting rights in the club. The dues would change the cost to race or anything like that.

Maybe it could be changed to the following:
---
Membership Dues
Membership in IFTRC shall be obtained by paying a yearly membership fee of $5.00. Paid membership earns the member the right to vote on club issues. Membership is not required to participate in any club racing or practice events. Paid membership does not affect the cost to race. Yearly dues will be due in December and membership will run from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. If a member joins after Jan. 1st, the fees will not be pro-rated and their membership will be valid until the following Dec. 31st.

Updated the by-laws post to reflect this and re-lettered as needed.
- Cyclone TC VTA - TCX 17.5 USGT - SC104x4FT - SC104x4 LM Oval - SCX10 Jeep JK scaler - Bully Viper 2.2 Comp crawler -

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:16 pm

10 drivers? Really? Did you use all your fingers and all your toes to count?

5/6/12 = 20 drivers
5/20/12 = 28 drivers
6/3/12 = 28 drivers
6/17/12 = 27 drivers
7/1/12 = 23 drivers
7/15/12 = 25 drivers
8/5/12 = 17 drivers
8/12/12 = 16 drivers
9/9/12 = 22 drivers
9/16/12 = 15 drivers
9/23/12 = 25 drivers

One of those races had 15 different people registered for a single class.
If you multiply those numbers by 1.5 you will get an approximate car count.

I think you should tone it down a bit on the awning because if I were Justin I might be thinking twice about having races there anymore if that's the way people talked about my place. I for one am really thankful he let us build a track at his place for us to race on. He did not have to.
MARSHALL!!! Catch the smoke, QUICK!!!

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 pm

TravRC10 wrote:
I think you should tone it down a bit on the awning because if I were Justin I might be thinking twice about having races there anymore if that's the way people talked about my place. I for one am really thankful he let us build a track at his place for us to race on. He did not have to.

I totaly agree with Travis. As far as the awning goes it was a one time fee to build its not like an ongoing expence. When we started the club there was no money to start with. We made a fee for drivers so we could build up some money to make repairs on the track and upgrades. The awning was for the drives stand to help with the sun light.

We've managed to keep this club running for 4 + years and now there are various people wanting to come in and change multiple things. It seems to me the few people left from Mid America Hobbies and a few other people are being driven away.

It would be a big disapointment to cut out nitro vehicles, althouth I do feel they should have there own class.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 am

I still cant figure out as to how you guys dont see why people are upset with the awning... I dont see why you cant understand anything about what we want to do... club money was used to build an awning that is PERMANANTLY attached to a barn that we dont own... so itwas a waste of money on a lot of peoples eyes... sounds like everything revolves around justin... so maybe he should make all the decisions... after all the track is on his land... its his insurance... its his barn and his awning now... I guess we vote justin as president treasurer and secretary... all the new people that you are talking about wanting to change and drive the old people out just have been a part of successful organizations... and I beleive with how things have been we were gonna see the same numbers this year as last year... even if we all of a sudden had 60 drivers show up one day... technically... we have to turn them away right? So who do you say not? I just dont think you guys completely understand the purpose behind what we are doing...
FASTEST GUY ON RACE DAY... JUST ASK ME

PreviousNext

Return to Rules