Board index Iowa Fast Track RC General Board New carpet track

New carpet track

Iowa Fast Track RC Discussion Board

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:02 am

New AC system is scheduled to go in this Thursday. Also a new layout. See you there!
SCHUMACHER CARS
SPEED PASSION POWERED

Post Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Check out Island Speedway's Facebook page. Some big things are happening!

https://www.facebook.com/ISLANDSPEEWAY/
SCHUMACHER CARS
SPEED PASSION POWERED

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:13 am

Off road racing this saturday and next saturday. Then back to every other week. On road resume on the 16th.
SCHUMACHER CARS
SPEED PASSION POWERED

Post Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Hi - What classes are running for on-road, which days and how often?

Jim Good

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:20 am

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=581C6340

Here is a link to the most recent flier. So far USGT and USVTA are the bigger classes.
SCHUMACHER CARS
SPEED PASSION POWERED

Post Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:11 pm

On road racing this weekend. New AC is up and running. It's time to dust off those touring cars and get them dialed in, winter will be here before you know it.
SCHUMACHER CARS
SPEED PASSION POWERED

Post Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:37 am

Thanks for the info. Going to try to make it down Saturday but may not have a car ready. Saw 1/12 cars on the website - were they local drivers or from out of the area?

Post Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:46 pm

So far there have been 4 1/12 scale cars there. two local and two from des moines. The last few on road races have had few racers at them for various reasons. I won't be there this weekend but go on down and get some testing in at the least.
SCHUMACHER CARS
SPEED PASSION POWERED

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:49 pm

I got my USGT car back together for Saturday so I can get some racing and practice in. May make the investment in 1/12, 20 year old 4 cell t-bar car really can't be converted.

Summer is tough to draw a crowd for carpet racing, it should grow when school starts.

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:54 pm

Everyone needs to be aware of the new rules that took effect August 1st. for USVTA and USGT.

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/2010rules.pdf

Some of the bigger changes are lower min weights. Non Novak motor options for VTA. 6000mAh batteries for VTA. An approved body list for GT.
I don't think any of the new changes will hurt the racing one bit. It will however make it easier to source motors and batteries and not worrying if there is enough room on the chassis to stick all of the lead weights. Trackstar also makes a 25.5 motor. While not on the ROAR list now it is legal here. It is an option to save a little money if any one is thinking about picking up a car for VTA.
SCHUMACHER CARS
SPEED PASSION POWERED

PreviousNext

Return to General Board